As we get used to the current new normal whilst we try to protect those around us from Coronavirus we’ve got plenty of time to stay at home and bake! These store cupboard quarantine cookies are the perfect bake to cheer you up with something sweet. They’re super easy and the flavour can be adapted to suit what you have in the cupboards, whether that’s chocolate, dried fruit or a bit of spice!
What you’ll need:
150g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
Your choice of flavouring – approx 75g – I’ve used mini eggs and some white chocolate for mine!
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c/gas mark 5 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof baking paper
2. Combine both sugars in a bowl and stir together
3. In another microwave safe bowl melt your butter and then add to the sugar, beating until smooth
4. Once the butter and sugar is combined add in the egg and egg yolk and beat until pale and creamy
5. Gradually add in the weighed flour, and bicarb if using, beating together until your mixture forms a dough in your mixing bowl
6. Chop your chocolate or prepare your flavouring and then pour into the bowl and stir through the dough to get an even distribution
7. Roll the dough in to small bowls, around brussel sprout size, and place evenly spaced on your baking tray.
8. Place in the middle of your oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and leave to cool completely (if you can) before enjoying!
This mix makes a lot of cookie dough, so if you’re eeking out your treats make enough for one tray of cookies and wrap the rest of your dough up in cling film and pop in the freezer until you’re ready for your next batch!